The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, September 12, 2017:
Highlights of action taken include:
- At the regular meeting on September 12, 2017, the City Council made the following proclamations: the month of September as Senior Center Month; the week of September 17-23 as Constitution Week; and the month of October 2017 as Homeless Awareness Month in Santa Clarita.
- The City of Santa Clarita received an Investment Policy Certificate of Excellence Award for Fiscal Year 2017-18 from the Association of Public Treasurers of the United States and Canada.
- Adopted an ordinance that provides expedited and streamlined permitting processes for small residential rooftop solar energy systems in accordance to Assembly Bill 2188.
- Adopted an ordinance that provides expedited and streamlined permitting processes for electric vehicle charging stations in accordance to Assembly Bill 1236.
- Awarded a one-year contract for security for the City’s public libraries and parks.
- Awarded a two-year contract for the Main Street Holiday Decoration Program.
- Held a public hearing pertaining to the Sand Canyon Plaza Mixed Use Project.
View the entire agenda of the September 12, 2017 meeting.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam