ePlans is The City of Santa Clarita's electronic plan review system for project plans and documents. The system encourages sustainability by reducing paper use, printing and storage costs, drive time and gasoline consumption.
How ePlans works
ePlans is accessed using any common internet browser which supports Microsoft Silverlight (download link is provided at the bottom of this section). When a project application is submitted to one of our land development divisions (Planning, Development Services, or Building & Safety), and accepted, a secure project website is created. Project participants are invited to the ePlans project via email.
When plan review is complete, comments are made available in the project site. Plans are approved electronically by the City and other participating agencies.
Getting Started with ePlans
Getting a project started in ePlans is simple. It takes two steps to start the process:
- Download a building permit application from the Building & Safety "Forms & Applications" page (click here).
- E-mail your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the e-mail addresses of everyone who should have access to the project in ePlans.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been received and an invoice for the required plan review fees with directions for making payment. Within a few days of receiving the confirmation, an e-mail will be sent to the addresses listed on your application with an invitation to the ePlans system. Instructions on how to upload and submit plans and documents will be included. Please be sure to complete the "submit" task after uploading your plans and paying the plan review fees.
Instructions for Using ePlans
If using Internet Explorer, the ProjectDox Components must be properly installed to view plans and comments (see link below; 'Disabling User Access Control'). If using an earlier version of ProjectDox components, please uninstall, then re-install the current ProjectDox Components 7.7-8.1.
- User Guide - ePlans/ProjectDox User Guide.
- Disabling User Access Control - Precursor to installing ProjectDox components.
- Internet Explorer 10 & 11 - Adjust Internet Explorer browser settings to use ePlans effectively.
- Plan Requirements - File format requirements for Building Safety division.
- Development Review Manual - Planning Approval workflow instructions.
- Have a question or issue with ePlans? Click the link to submit a service request or call the ePlans hotline at (661) 284-1434.