The City of Santa Clarita’s mission in an emergency situation is to save lives. By protecting property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, manmade disasters, and national security emergencies, the City follows these emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.
For more information contact:
We all have a responsibility to be prepared for the next damaging earthquake. The Los Angeles region has a very seismically active past. The time is now to prepare for and respond to, and recover from the next earthquake.
Simple preparation steps to follow:
- Get a Kit
- Have a kit at home, work and in your vehicle
- Be prepared to have supplies for a minimum of three days; seven days is highly recommended
- The kits should include food, water, medication, a first aid kit, personal comfort items, a battery-operated radio, a flashlight, extra cash in small denominations, and pet preparedness supplies if you have animals
- Make a Plan
- Every individual, family, business, school and organization should have a plan that consists of important contact information, out-of-state contacts, and meeting place locations
- Be Informed
During an earthquake remember to
Click the image to learn more.