The City of Santa Clarita goals in an emergency are to save lives, protect property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, manmade disasters, and national security emergencies. These goals are accomplished by the following emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate and liaison with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.
For more information contact:
TOP TEN ITEMS FOR A PET PREPAREDNESS KIT
1. Food (your pet's regular food)
3. Leash and collar
5. Photo of your pet/ID and a photo of you with your pet
6. Medications your pet needs
7. Immunization/vet records (keep both updated)
8. Pet carrier
9. First Aid Kit
10. Plastic bags for sanitation