Welcome to our Slurry Seal & Overlay Resurfacing Project webpage, designed to provide up-to-date information regarding our annual road preservation project. The City spends approximately $9 million a year to improve City roadways and extend their life. You can use this landing page as a resource for information on the projects and their fluctuating schedules. As always, you can call us with questions at any time at (661) 290-2291.
What is Slurry Seal?
It’s a coating of fine crushed aggregate, emulsified asphalt and water applied to roadways.
Slurry Seal Process:
What is Overlay?
It’s a coating of fine crushed aggregate, asphalt and water applied to roadways after grinding up the old asphalt.
- During construction, please park off-street and pay close attention to parking notices. There will be detailed notices explaining when the streets will be closed and re-opened throughout the resurfacing process. All cars in the “No Parking” zone during construction time will be towed.
- Make a plan for when you will need your car during construction. Driving through the newly resurface street will ruin your car, driveways and the project, forcing contractors to begin again.
- Drive slowly through the construction zone during the times cars are allowed on the street. This will prevent rock-fragments from damaging windshields.
- Don’t run water onto the street the night before or after construction. Run-off will delay work and damage the new surfacing.
- Keep children and pets away from the street during resurfacing. At times the pavement will be extremely hot and dangerous.
- The City and project contractor will coordinate with refuse companies, the post office and other agencies to minimize any disruption of services.
Project Hotline: (661) 290-2291
Project Manager: Frank Lujan
Slurry Seal Contractor: Intermountain Slurry Seal, Inc. | Project Foreman Nick Bacher | (800) 595-0452
Overlay Contractor: Sully-Miller Contracting Company | Project Foreman Alex Perez | (714) 795-9860
Please click your street name below for neighborhoods
chosen for resurfacing and tentative dates.
To search for your street, press CTRL+F.
PLEASE NOTE: These dates are subject to change. Please pay close attention to hand-delivered notices and road work signs.