The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, November 12, 2019:
- Proclaimed November 2019, as Native American History Month in the City of Santa Clarita.
- Proclaimed November 30, 2019, as Small Business Saturday in the City of Santa Clarita.
- Awarded a construction contract to Whitewater West Industries Ltd, to refurbish the Santa Clarita Aquatic Center Activity Pool Flume Slide for an amount not to exceed $305,632.
- Accepted the donation of 54.9 +/- acres adjacent to the Needham Ranch project for the purpose of public recreation and open space preservation.
- Adopted an urgency ordinance extending a moratorium on the establishment of new tobacco retailers who sell flavored tobacco products for an additional 10 months and 15 days, through and including October 7, 2020.
- Introduced and passed to a second reading an ordinance to adopt the 2019 California Building Standards Code with local amendments and set the public hearing for November 26, 2019.
- Discussed the recent Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events and potential actions by the Public Utility Commission of the State of California (CPUC). Directed staff to participate in public comment and write a letter to the CPUC requesting utilities expedite upgrades to their infrastructure.
View the Entire Agenda for the November 12, 2019 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Adjournments in Memoriam