The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, April 24, 2018:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Introduced and passed to second reading an ordinance establishing regulations for the use of the City Seal, City Logos, and other City logos.
- Approved the plans and specifications for the FY 2017-18 Citywide Major Thoroughfare Median Turf Removal on Magic Mountain Parkway from Railroad Avenue to Fairways/Avignon Drive.
- Awarded the design contract to Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. to upgrade 30 existing guardrails located along major roadways in the City.
- Introduced and passed to second reading an ordinance amending Construction and Demolition Materials Management to align with current and future Santa Clarita Green Building Standards.
- Awarded a contract for the preparation of the Princessa Crossroads Environmental Impact Report for a proposed development including 925 residential units and 680,000 square feet of new commercial space.
- Awarded a contract to Honeywell International, Inc. for the replacement of the Old Town Newhall Library boiler.
- Adopted a resolution to execute any actions necessary to obtain financial assistance provided by the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 California Department of Transportation Low Carbon Transit Operations Program.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing submittal of the Mather’s Mine Acquisition Project for an Environmental Enhancement Mitigation (EEM) Program grant application.
- Awarded a contract to Exposhows Inc. for the July 4, 2018 fireworks show.
- Awarded a contract to Spacesavers Systems Inc. dba Infolinx System Solutions for a new physical records management system.
- Conducted the public hearing and adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to submit an application requesting annexation of approximately 3,118.8 acres in Plum Canyon, Skyline Ranch and North Sand Canyon.
- Appointed Phil Hart to the Planning Commission.
View the entire agenda for the April 24, 2018 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam