The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, April 10, 2018:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Adopted an ordinance prohibiting commercial cannabis businesses and regulating the home cultivation of cannabis.
- Adopted the Legislative Committee’s recommendation to adopt a resolution on offshore drilling.
- Adopted a support position on Senate Resolution 96 (Wilk and Stern) regarding potential mining in Soledad Canyon.
- Approved the construction plans and specifications for Fiscal Year 2017-18 Annual Concrete Rehabilitation Program projects for removal and replacement of damaged sidewalks, driveway approaches, and access ramps within the City.
- Awarded a design contract to Pace Advance Water Engineering for Regional Stormwater Best Management Practices preliminary design and decision tool for Green Street Low Impact Development to direct water into an infiltration facility and to assist in identifying areas within the City for treating roadway runoff.
- Conducted the continued Public Hearing, received the staff report, presentation, and public comments, certified the Final Environmental Impact Report for the Dockweiler Drive Extension Project and adopted a resolution approving the alignment of the Dockweiler Drive Extension as described in the Final Environmental Impact Report as Alternative 2.
- Adopted the Legislative Committee’s recommendation to support the Reducing Crime and Keeping California Safe Act of 2018.
View the entire agenda for the April 10, 2018 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam