The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, July 9, 2019:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Proclaimed the month of July as Park and Recreation Month
- Supported Assembly Bill 1112 (if amended) and Assembly Bill 1286. Opposed Assembly Bill 516 and Senate Bill 330.
- Approved the Design-Build contracts for the Mountain View Park play area and shade structure, Phases I and II, with a total amount not to exceed $726,292.
- Awarded a three-year contract for maintenance and support of the City of Santa Clarita’s Mitel phone system to IntelesysOne, Inc., for a total amount not to exceed $66,812.
- Introduced and passed to second reading an ordinance to create the Jobs Creation Overlay Zone (JCOZ), with the primary focus of increasing high-quality employment opportunities and improving the City’s jobs/housing balance.
- Awarded a design contract to MNS Engineers, Inc. for design services for the Dockweiler Drive Extension Project, which will provide a connection along the approved alignment from the existing terminus of Dockweiler Drive to Railroad Avenue at 13th Street, for a total amount not to exceed $3,046,543.
View the Entire Agenda for the July 9, 2019, meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam