The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Adopted the Legislative Committee’s recommendation to support Assembly Bill 1734 and Senate Bill 951, related to extending the California Film and Television Tax Credit Program.
- Adopted the Legislative Committee’s recommendation to support Assembly Bill 3162 and Senate Bill 1317, related to modifying the licensing process of alcoholism and drug abuse recovery and treatment facilities.
- Approved the Ring Doorbell and Camera Rebate Program Agreement, which includes a $100 subsidy for 500 Santa Clarita households to purchase select Ring doorbells and cameras.
- Introduced and passed to second reading an ordinance concerning parks and other public places.
- Awarded a contract to Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. to develop a Citywide Systemic Safety Analysis Report Program for pedestrian and bicycle collisions.
- Awarded a five-year service agreement to HydroPoint Data Systems to support landscape operations to 722 weather-based irrigation controllers.
- Awarded a three-year agreement to Innovative Interfaces, Inc. for the Santa Clarita Public Library’s integrated library system.
- Awarded a contract to Ramco General Engineering Contractors for repairs to the Santa Clarita Metrolink Station.
- Adopted a resolution calling and giving notice of the General Municipal Election to be held November 6, 2018.
- Conducted a public hearing on the proposed Fiscal Year 2018-19 Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program and scheduled the budget for adoption at the June 26, 2018 City Council Meeting.
- Conducted the public hearing on the proposed Citywide fee adjustments and adopted a resolution establishing a schedule of fees and charges for City services for Fiscal Year 2018-19.
View the entire agenda for the June 12, 2018 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam