The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2019:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Adopted a resolution terminating the Santa Clarita Landscaping and Lighting District assessment modification proceedings and cancelled the January 22, 2019 Public Hearing.
- Awarded a two-year contract to Staygreen, Inc., in the amount of $342,958, to provide landscape maintenance services to Landscape Maintenance District Zone 3 (Sierra Heights), Zone 5 (Sunset Hills), Zone 6 (Canyon Crest) and Zone T31 (Shangri La).
- Approved the 2019 Community Services and Arts Grants Committee’s program funding recommendations, in an amount not to exceed $90,000 for Community Services Grants and $90,000 for the Arts Grants, for a total of $180,000.
- Conducted a Public Hearing and adopted a resolution granting The Master’s University a 10-year time extension/renewal of its approved Master Plan.
- Nominated and approved appointments for three regular positions on each of the Planning Commission, Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Commission, Arts Commission, and Open Space Preservation District Financial Accountability and Audit Panel, and one position for the Los Angeles County Vector Control Board.
- Discussed changes to Council Norms and Procedures for City Council meetings and related functions and activities, and provided direction to staff that an agenda item be brought forward at a later date to consider changes in the conduct of City Council meetings.
View the Entire Agenda for the January 8, 2019 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam