The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 2019:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Proclaimed the month of May as Bicycle Month.
- Introduced and adopted as an urgency ordinance repealing Chapter 11.74 of the Santa Clarita Municipal Code relating to sex offender residency restrictions in light of the California Supreme Court’s determination that restrictions similar to the City’s ordinance are unconstitutional, the pending lawsuit, and the fact that the residency restrictions are not being enforced by either the California Department of Corrections or the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
- Approved the purchase of two graffiti trucks in an amount not to exceed $120,000.
- Awarded professional services contracts to L Burrows Graphic Design and Production and McGregor Shott, Inc., in the amount of up to $75,000 for each design firm, for graphic design services.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the submittal of an application for grant funds in the amount of $111,000 from the Los Angeles County Regional Park and Open Space District Specified Grant Project for the construction and improvements of the Sand Canyon Trail.
View the Entire Agenda for the May 14, 2019 meeting.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam