Prior to the formal submittal of your Entitlement Application, you may request a preliminary project review. A One Stop Review is a preliminary, multi-disciplinary review of potential development projects. This provides applicants with early insight from City departments into key topics such as development requirements and fees.
The One Stop Review fee is credited toward your Entitlement fees at formal submittal.
An OTC project will usually involve pools/spas, solar, patio covers, zoning referrals, tenant improvements, signs/banners, fences, and landscaping. These permits are processed at the Permit Center at no cost.
*Temporary banners require a fee. Refer to the Fee Schedule.
Class II Applications
What entitlements fall under Class II?
- Administrative Permit (AP)
- Architectural Design Review (ADR)
- Development Review (DR)
- Hillside Development Review (HDR) - less than 15% average cross slope
- Home Occupation Permit (HOP)
- Landscape Plan Review (LPR)
- Lot Line Adjustment (LLA)
- Oak Tree Permit (OTP) - encroachments, removal of less than 3 trees
- Requests for Reasonable Accommodations
- Sign Review (SR)
- Temporary Use Permit (TUP) - less than one year
Class lll Applications
Class III applications require public noticing.
What entitlements fall under Class III?
- Adjustment (ADJ)
- Minor Use Permit (MUP) (See an Example MUP Application)
- Administrative Sign Variance
- Historic Sign Designation
Class IV Applications
Class IV applications require a public hearing and Planning Commission decision.
What entitlements fall under Class IV?
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- Hillside Development Review (HDR) - greater than 15% average cross slope
- Oak Tree Permit (OTP) - removal of more than 3 trees or of any heritage trees
- Temporary Use Permit (TUP) - longer than one year
- Tentative Parcel/Tract Map (TPM/TTM)
- Variance (VAR)
Class V Applications
Class V applications require public hearings, Planning Commission review, and City Council decision.
What entitlements fall under Class V?
- General Plan Amendment
- Master Plan
- Ridgeline Alteration Permit
Class VI Applications
Class VI applications require a public hearing and City Council decision.
What entitlements fall under Class VI?
- Pre-Annexation Agreements are Class VI entitlements
Class VII Applications
Class VII applications require public hearings, Planning Commission review, and City Council decision.
What entitlements fall under Class VII?
- Development Agreement
- Specific Plan
- Zone Change