The 2019 California Building Codes and City of Santa Clarita Amendments are enforceable for all residential and non-residential construction projects submitted on or after January 1, 2020. Projects submitted prior to January 1, 2020 shall comply with the 2016 Codes. The state codes have been amended by the City of Santa Clarita to address local topographic, climatic, and/or geologic conditions, and to include provisions pertaining to the administration of these codes. Click here for the 2019 City of Santa Clarita Amendments.
2019 Building Codes:
- 2019 California Building Code
- 2019 California Residential Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Fire Code
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 Calgreen Code
- 2019 City of Santa Clarita Amendments
The State Building Codes are available at the link below.
The City of Santa Clarita Municipal Code contains the City Building Code and other local regulations that may affect your project.
Local Design Criteria:
- Seismic Design Category D, E or F as determined by USGS Maps and CBC Chapter 16
- Wind: Risk Category I: 85 mph
- Rainfall 3” / hr.
- Climate Zone 9
Risk Category II: 95 mph
Risk Category III: 100 mph
Risk Category IV: 105 mph
Is your property within the City? Click here to check your residency status.
Site conditions can affect the feasibility and design of your project. Some of the site conditions to be aware of include:
- Topography (slopes)
- Flood Hazard Zones
- Fire Hazard Zones
- Oak Trees
- Sewers and Septic Systems
- Landscape Maintenance Districts (LMD)
- Unpermitted Construction
The city's GIS mapping system can be used to identify site conditions which may be present within the city. Always perform a thorough on-site field verification of existing conditions before preparing plans or beginning construction on any property.
Prior Code Adoptions: