What is Safe Routes to School?
The City of Santa Clarita is embarking on a citywide Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Plan for ten junior high schools and high schools and one elementary school.
The goal of the project is to incorporate both educational activities with engineering improvement plans in order to eliminate barriers and encourage Santa Clarita students to walk and bike to school.
In the next few months, the City will be conducting walk and bicycle audits at the schools below to learn more from parents and students about what barriers exist and what improvements can be made to encourage more walking and bicycling. We will also be present at community events throughout the City.
Schools in the project include:
- West Creek Academy Elementary School
- Canyon High School
- Golden Valley High School
- Hart High School
- Saugus High School
- Valencia High School
- Arroyo Seco Junior High School
- La Mesa Junior High School
- Placerita Junior High School
- Rio North Junior High School
- Sierra Vista Junior High School