“A Team Effort”
The Graffiti Task Force collaborates with the following agencies:
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to arrest graffiti vandals and conduct stings, surveillance, and bike patrol operations at local home improvement stores and hotspots in Santa Clarita.
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power for graffiti removal from the Los Angeles Aqueduct.
- Los Angeles County Probation Department to process all statement of loss requests to ensure the vandal is held accountable to pay the City.
- Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office and local judges to ensure that tough penalties are imposed on first-time juvenile offenders and adults.
- Los Angeles County for removal in the washes and county area. Los Angeles County responded to all requests for removal within their jurisdiction within 48 hours.
- College of the Canyons (COC) Campus Security to help graffiti staff ascertain if tags around the campuses are also found on City property.
- AT&T, Edison, and Time Warner for graffiti removal requests on utility boxes.
- California Highway Patrol to arrest graffiti vandals who vandalize along Interstate 5, Highway 14, and the unincorporated areas of Santa Clarita.
- Caltrans for removal requests and repainting sound walls, k-rails, and freeway signs.
- William S. Hart Union High School District, Saugus Union School District, Newhall Union School District, Sulphur Springs School District, and Castaic Union School District for graffiti awareness presentations and to track vandals on the E-Graffiti database.