The City of Santa Clarita’s mission in an emergency situation is to save lives.
By protecting property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, manmade disasters, and national security emergencies, the City follows these emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.