Important Emergency Numbers:
Life threatening emergency: 911
Sheriff: (661) 255-1121
CA Poison Control: (800) 876-4766
Caltran Road Conditions: (800) 427-7623
Southern California Edison: (800) 611-1911
The Gas Company: (800) 427-2200
LA County Animal Care and Control: (661) 257-3101
Emergency Preparedness is planning how to respond when an emergency or disaster occurs and working to gather the resources to respond effectively. These activities help save lives and minimize damage by preparing people to respond appropriately when an emergency is imminent or hits.
The following pages provide valuable information for you to increase your awareness and preparedness on what to do in the event of a specific emergency or disaster. Be prepared for an earthquake, wildfires, storms, hazardous materials, power outages and more. Take the time and prepare your family, friends and business associates… prepare today for tomorrow's emergencies!
Sign up for our monthly Emergency Preparedness Tips eNotify.
- City Pet Preparedness Rack Card
- Equine Preparedness Brochure
- Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control
- Pet Preparedness Brochure
Homeowner’s Guide For Flood, Debris and Erosion Control
Wild Land Fire Information
LA County Fire - READY, SET GO!
- Emergency Checklist (English)
- West Nile Checklist
- West Nile FAQ
- 72 Hour Emergency Financial Kit
- Household Hazards Hunt
- Emergency Checklist (Spanish)
- Shelter in Place or Evacuate?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency Vehicle Kit (English)
- Emergency Vehicle Kit (Spanish)
Neighborhood Preparedness Forms