For the latest on the coronavirus pandemic and which City amenities are open, please visit

Planning an Event?

Santa Clarita Plan and book an EventThank you for considering City of Santa Clarita for your upcoming special event. Our City hosts hundreds of annual events in Santa Clarita parks and facilities, including festivals, sporting events, and events sponsored by nonprofit organizations. We welcome new and returning events alike.


Book an Event

Our special event application process provides information, rules, and regulations important to planning your next event. Read the information carefully, as it is updated periodically and may be different than what you have received in the past.  Complete and return the Special Event Inquiry form by email, mail, or fax.
Remember to make a copy of the application for your records.


Send completed form to:

City of Santa Clarita
20880 Centre Pointe Parkway, Mezzanine
Santa Clarita, CA 91350 

E-mail: Reservations
Fax: (661) 250-3710


Booking an Event Forms

Special Event Permit Packet (COMING SOON)

Special Event Fees (COMING SOON)

Sample Insurance Documents




Process of booking an Event

1. Check the availability of the venue requested.

2. Send applicant the full Special Event Application with the appropriate event fees.

3. When full Special Event Application is returned, the Arts and Events Office will route the permit to various departments based on the request.

4. Arts and Events Office will work with applicant on obtaining the appropriate insurance documents.

**The permit letter is provided to the individual or organization, the week of the event and includes final details, such as keys and staff confirmations.

Remember to make a copy of the application for your records.  Keep the Special Event Guidebook; you are required to know the information before putting on your event.


Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of permit do I need?

If it is a special event at one of the City of Santa Clarita parks you would need a Special Event Permit.  If the event is on private property you would need a Temporary Use Permit.


What other permits might I need?

If you are having food at your event you would contact the County Environment Office for a Food Permit at (661) 287-7000.
The Fire Prevention Office will also need to know about the event and a Fire Prevention Application will need to be filled out for the event.  Their office is located in the County Complex near the Valencia Library.  Large tents and stages need a permit from City Building and Safety as well.  If you plan to have alcohol at the event you will need to obtain an Alcohol and Beverage Control Permit from the state.


How much will it cost for the Permit?

Reference the Special Event Fees for cost to reserve a facility.


What kind of Insurance do I need?

  • Certificate of Insurance
  • Endorsement to name the City of Santa Clarita as an Addition Insured
  • Endorsement to state that the insurance is Primary and Non-contributory
  • Auto Liability Endorsement with the policy number and City as Additional Insured (if vehicles are being used)
  • Liquor Liability (if needed)


Can a date be held?

The City of Santa Clarita can hold an event date once the inquiry form and security deposit are received.  
All fees need to be paid 30 days before the event.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer