For the latest on the coronavirus pandemic and which City amenities are open, please visit

Frequently Asked Questions

Print Feedback
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Frequently Asked Questions HomeAbout UsMembershipRegister NowCalendarsVolunteersFrequently Asked Questions Feedback
Classes, Activities & ProgramsEventsWorkshopsBirthday Parties & Facility Rentals
Do I have to provide Immunization Records for my child to participate?

No, immunization records are not required for participation in City programs. The State of California Education Code does provide for records of immunization to be provided prior to enrollment unless there is a valid exemption. The City of Santa Clarita does not operate licensed child care facilities or programs that fall under the State of California's Educational Code. As the City is not regulated by the Education Code, copies of immunization records are not required for participation in any Parks, Recreation or Community Services program. Nonetheless, the City does have established policies, procedures, and protocols established for City programs, including making parents aware of contagious diseases known/reported. Specific to school enrollment, you are encouraged to check with your local school district to obtain their policies related to required immunizations.

For additional information on immunizations, please visit the California Department of Public Health.