- How is the amount of S.C.O.R.E. scholarship funds determined?
- Once my family application is approved and I am awarded S.C.O.R.E. scholarship funds, where do I register for a class/program for my children?
- How do I use these scholarship funds to pay for a class that is more expensive or less expensive than the class/program I’d like to register for?
- I’d like to split my S.C.O.R.E. scholarship in half, one half for my daughter, and the other half for my son, can I do this?
- If my family receives a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship, can we roll it over to next year if we don’t use the entire amount?
- Do I need to reapply for a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship each year?
- I have received a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship, what if the class I want to sign up for is full?
- How often can my family apply for a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship?
- Do I have to have a Rec1 account to apply and receive a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship?
- Are my chances of receiving a S.C.O.R.E. scholarship greater if I submit at the earliest date?
- I have more questions that haven’t been answered here. Who can I contact?
How is the amount of SCORE scholarship funds determined?
The City of Santa Clarita’s Recreation & Community Services Division uses a sliding-fee scale guideline based on total household income and number of dependents. The scale assists staff in determining the amount of scholarship awarded.
Once my family application is approved and I am awarded SCORE scholarship funds, where do I register for a class/program for my children?
All scholarship fund recipients must register for their class/program during the open registration dates either online, or walk in at the Registration Counter located at the Centre during the walk-in registration dates.
How do I use these scholarship funds to pay for a class that is more expensive or less expensive than the class/program I’d like to register for?
Your family account in Rec1 will have a SCORE credit and you can use as much, or as little of the funds as you like, within a year of receipt. You can use the funds throughout the year, or spend the entire amount in one transaction. Note that if the class/program of your choice is more than your allotted SCORE scholarship, you will have to pay all remaining balances before you are registered.
I’d like to split my SCORE scholarship in half, one half for my daughter, and the other half for my son, can I do this?
Yes, these funds have been awarded to your dependents that are under 17 years old. You may use them however you see fit. At Registration time, during checkout, you may choose the amount of SCORE funds available to be used toward the purchase of a class/program.
If my family receives a SCORE scholarship, can we roll it over to next year if we don’t use the entire amount?
No. Families will have one calendar year from the date of receipt to use up all scholarship funds. The scholarship is non-transferrable to the following year or another individual outside the family for which the scholarship was awarded to.
Do I need to reapply for a SCORE scholarship each year?
Yes. Need for financial assistance is assessed on an annual basis and applicants will need to re-apply.
I have received a SCORE scholarship, what if the class I want to sign up for is full?
All SCORE scholarship recipients will now register and follow all guidelines along with everyone else during the open registration period. Please have these dates handy so that you are prepared to sign up as soon as registration opens in order to secure a spot in the class/program of your choice. If the class/program you wish to register for is full, you will have the option to be waitlisted and contacted should a spot open up prior to the start of the class/program, or you also have the option to register for a different class/program.
Note: SCORE recipients are not automatically guaranteed a place in a class/program.
How often can my family apply for a SCORE scholarship?
If your family applies for, and receives a SCORE scholarship in the Fall of 2017, you may only apply again the following year in Fall 2018. You may apply only once per calendar year if awarded a scholarship and may not re-apply each season.
If your family applies for, and does not receive a SCORE scholarship, and you were eligible, you may re-apply each season during open enrollment.
Do I have to have a Rec1 account to apply and receive a SCORE scholarship?
Yes. All applicants must create a Rec1 account when applying for a SCORE scholarship. We ask that all applicants have this family account created beforehand because if selected, SCORE staff must have access to the account in order to deposit the SCORE scholarship funds.
Are my chances of receiving a SCORE scholarship greater if I submit at the earliest date?
No. All applicants that are eligible for a SCORE scholarship have the same chance of receiving funds, regardless of when the application was turned in during the allotted application submission dates. All eligible names will be entered into a lottery-type system and names will be drawn at random.
I have more questions that haven’t been answered here. Who can I contact?
Cynthia Victor, Recreation Supervisor
(661) 250-3713, or SantaClaritaSCORE@santa-clarita.com