Youth Sports Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When does registration begin for a particular sport? - Registration dates can be found on the registration page of our website.
2. What division do I need to sign my child up for? He was born in the year xxxx. - Registration information can be found on the registration page of our website.
3. What is the status of my child currently on the waitlist? - Youth Sports monitors the waiting lists on a daily basis and will contact you as soon as there is an opening. If we have not contacted you, no opening has become available.
4. Do I need to bring any specific equipment for player assessments? - For all sports other than softball you do not. If it is softball, a glove is the only piece of equipment needed.
5. When is the start/end date of the season? - Start and end dates for the season are listed on the registration form for each individual sport.
6. When will I be contacted by a coach? - Coaches will contact their players after the Coaches Meeting, which takes place two weeks before the season. You can find those meeting dates on the registration page of our website.
7. Can I move my child to another team? I don’t care for the coach or practice time. - No. We do not move participants from teams. Teams are selected by age group and\or draft and must remain on the team assigned until the end of season.
8. When/Where will practices be held. - Practices will be held at local schools, parks and Hart district gymnasiums depending upon the sport. Each coach will have the opportunity to choose their practice time.
9. Can my team go to the make-up pictures? - Yes, your team can take both individual and team photos at Make-Up Picture Day.
10. What is Live Scan? Live Scan is a process where digital finger prints are submitted to The California Department of Justice for criminal history background check. All administrators (coaches, assistant coaches, team parents and board members) working with the City have to go through this background checking process before he/she is allowed to work with children.
Picture Day Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When is Picture Day?
Generally, Picture Day is the second Saturday of the season. Each team is assigned a specific time and location. This information is given to coaches the first week of the season.
2. When is Make-Up Picture Day?
Generally, Make-Up Picture Day is the fifth Saturday of the season. No appointment is needed for Make-Up Picture Day, which generally runs from 8am-1pm at a designated location.
3. What time are my pictures?
Each team is assigned a specific time and location. This information is given to coaches the first week of the season. No appointment is needed for Make-Up Picture day, which generally runs from 8am-1pm at a designated location.
4. When do we get our pictures?
Youth Sports will deliver pictures to each team as soon as they have arrived in the office. Generally, pictures arrive 3 weeks after Picture Day.
5. Where can I get a Picture Day form?
Download a Picture Day Form.
6. How much are pictures?
Picture packages vary in pricing.
7. Do I have to purchase pictures?
No, you do not have to purchase pictures
8. Can I reschedule my team pictures?
Yes, you can reschedule a team picture. Please coordinate with Youth Sports to reschedule your time, or plan on attending Make-Up Picture Day.
9. Can my whole team attend Make-Up Picture Day?
Yes, your entire team can take team pictures on Make-Up Picture Day.
10. I have not received, or I have lost my pictures. Where can I get them?
Please contact the Youth Sports Office at (661) 250-3756 for further help regarding your pictures.