Welcome to the City of Santa Clarita’s official website! The City of Santa Clarita strives to maintain a website that is accessible to people with disabilities, in compliance with California Government Code Section 11135.
How are we doing with accessibility?
Technology Services is continuously working on achieving and maintaining the City’s current goal of Level A accessibility.
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Use of semantic headings and structure
- Continuous implementation of ARIA Landmarks to help assistive technology users to navigate to and past blocks in a web interface
- Declaring a language attribute on the HTML element enables a screen reader to read out the text with correct pronunciation.
- Implementation of appropriate alt text
- Logical Form Layouts
- Improved color contrast
The City of Santa Clarita works with third-party providers, organizations and entities ("online service providers") who provide various online functions and services on the City's behalf. These online service providers are solely responsible for the accessibility compliance of the services they provide. Online service providers are contractually required to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act whenever they represent or provide functionality on behalf of the City, including their provision of online services on behalf of the City.
Some features of this website are available using keyboard commands and other shortcuts. Find links below to shortcuts for the following browsers:
Where can you get additional accessibility help?
Most popular browsers and plug-ins contain built-in accessibility tools and features. For more information, please visit the accessibility information pages for these tools:
- Google Accessibility for Chrome Browser
- Microsoft Accessibility for Internet Explorer Browser
- Accessibility Information for the Firefox Browser
- Accessibility Information for Adobe PDF Reader
Have Feedback or Need Assistance?
We welcome your feedback and suggestions to help us make our website more accessible. If you are having any difficulty accessing any material on this website because of a disability, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (661) 286-4070. We are happy to work with you directly to make the information available.
In the event a page cannot be made accessible, we will work to make a text version of the content available. Please contact us to request a specific electronic format providing us with your contact information, the format you require, the web page address and the location of the content.