Welcome to the City of Santa Clarita’s Official Social Media sites. The purpose of these sites is to enable the City to post matters of public interest concerning City of Santa Clarita programs, activities, news stories and photos, and to enable members of the public to comment on those posts. The City of Santa Clarita’s intent is to create a limited forum devoted exclusively to its postings, and comments from members of the public should be relevant to the subject matter of the post they are responding to.
We welcome discussion and questions, and seek to maintain an environment that is civil and appropriate for all ages. The City reserves the right to remove comments to the extent that they do not follow the following guidelines:
- Do not post profane, obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual content.
- Do not post threats to any person or organization.
- Do not post content that defames anyone or any organization.
- Do not post content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on any legally protected category including race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran’s status, or any other category protected by federal or state law, including association with individuals with these protected characteristics or perception that an individual has one or more of these protected characteristics.
- Do not post any commercial solicitations (i.e.: asking users to "like" your Facebook page or visit your website).
- Do not post advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- Do not post content that defames or defrauds any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- Do not post details about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual's rights.
- Do not post copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics.
- Do not post content that suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- Do not post content in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaign or ballot measure.
- Do not post documents of any kind.
- All information posted to social media sites will be unclassified. No FOUO (for official use only), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should ever be posted or discussed on this page. Do not post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories. Individuals who repeatedly post content on Facebook, Twitter, etc. that violate this policy may be subject to being blocked from the social media page. Comments that violate this policy may be removed from the social media page.
The City is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments placed on this site by visitors to the site. Any comments submitted to these pages are public records subject to disclosure, as are their lists of fans.
City of Santa Clarita social media pages are not monitored 24/7.
City social media sites are public record and are subject to the California Public Records Act. For Public Records Act requests, please contact the City Clerk’s office directly.To access City services or report something to the City, please visit santa-clarita.com/RSC. All other City information can be located at Santa-Clarita.com.