Welcome to Santa Clarita City News!
Read articles from your City Council and/or City Manager Ken Striplin, or find out what’s happening in Santa Clarita by reading the latest press releases. Click on your news source to get started, or browse all articles and press releases.
Current Press Releases
Media Advisory: The City of Santa Clarita and ‘Ring’ Invite Residents to Take Advantage of New Subsidy Program at April 18 Event
Santa Clarita, CA – April 9, 2019 – The City of Santa Clarita announced today its renewed partnership with Ring and details for an upcoming event to launch their joint subsidy program. The joint subsidy program will provide discounts for City of Santa Clarita residents who wish to purchase select home security devices. With funds appropriated by the City of Santa Clarita, along with matching funds from Ring, the $50,000 program will enable 500 verified City of Santa Clarita residents to receive a $100 subsidy code to use towards select Ring security devices. This time the subsidy program will take place at an event on April 18, 2019 at the Old Town Newhall Library where eligible residents may purchase select Ring products in-person and participate in the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHAT: Ring Subsidy Program Launch Event
WHEN: Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Old Town Newhall Library (24500 Main Street, Santa Clarita, CA 91321)
WHO: Representatives from Ring and the City of Santa Clarita invite residents to an event for the renewed subsidy program with opportunities to:
- Register for the subsidy program (must be a City of Santa Clarita resident with valid form of ID and a copy of a utility bill to register).
- Residents who participated in the 2018 City of Santa Clarita and Ring subsidy program in August 2018, will not be eligible to participate in this event.
- Learn more about Ring security devices, ask questions and purchase products on-site.
Residents are encouraged to review full program details below, and refer to eligible product details, FAQs and other information available on Ring's website prior to attending the launch event.
Residents will not have the option to RSVP in advance, and are encouraged to arrive early and be prepared by reviewing the instructions below.
For questions about the Ring subsidy program, please email Santaclarita@ring.com
About the Subsidy Program
The subsidy program will incentivize the purchase of Ring Video Doorbells and Ring security devices that connect to a user’s mobile device via the free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the device’s motion sensor is activated or if someone rings their doorbell; they can also choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to save their Ring recordings to view or share them at a later time.
City of Santa Clarita Subsidy Program Details
- The subsidy program will be open to City of Santa Clarita residents who attend the kick-off event, with proper documentation on April 18, from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- If the subsidy does not sell out during the kick-off event, the City will post an application to its website allowing other residents to participate until the program funding limit has been reached. Codes will be sent to qualifying residents redeemable only at Ring.com at 3:00 p.m. daily, excluding holidays, until the funding limit has been reached.
- Residents must attend the kick-off event in person, and provide a valid form of Government ID and a copy of a utility bill in order to verify residency and receive their subsidy discount info on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Discounts will be provided by Ring to confirmed City of Santa Clarita residents and applied during checkout towards the in-person purchase of devices at the event. Only credit card purchases will be accepted, no cash or checks.
- Santa Clarita residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices with $100 off the retail price:
- Video Doorbell 2
- Video Doorbell Pro
- Spotlight Cam Solar
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam
- Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
- Stick Up Cam Wired
- Stick Up Cam Battery
- Ring is also offering $30 off additional security devices, with a maximum of two (2) per household, and 20% off accessories. Visit Ring's website for product descriptions and specifications.
- Subsidy codes are limited to one per household and cannot be re-used or applied towards previously purchased Ring products.
- Residents will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring service. For more information about Ring’s products, please visit Ring.com/products.
- Residents who participated in the 2018 City of Santa Clarita and Ring subsidy program in August 2018 will not be eligible to participate in this event.
About Ring Inc.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.